You are welcome to another great semester. As usual, this semester is full of activities and as each day is passing by, the semester is winding up. So, you will do yourself a great deal of good by settling down as quickly as possible. Attend classes and start reading early as you know that success does not come by chance but by careful, constant and consistent planning and preparation. No semester is a joke. No course is for play. Your success is measured by your all-round performance. So, do well not to just count another semester but make the semester count for you. Enjoy yourself as you brace yourself for the semester’s academic work.
SEMESTER TYPE AND DURATION
This is the first semester of 2018/2019 academic session and it will run for 17 weeks: 1week for registration, 13 weeks for academic work, 1 week for in course test and 2 weeks for examination.
ACADEMIC CALENDER FOR 2018/2019 SESSION
- Staff Resumption Date: September 10, 2018
- Students Resumption Date: Monday September 17 and 24, 2018
- Registration Period: September 17-28, 2018
- Freshmen Orientation: September 27-28, 2018
- First Semester lecture commence: September 24, 2018
- Convocation ceremony : November, 2018 (Awaiting Eleyele for approved date)
- In Course Assessment: November 12-16, 2018
- Matriculation Ceremony: January 4, 2019
- First Semester Examination: January 7-11, 2019
- First Semester Break: January 14-25, 2019
- Second Semester Resumption Date: January 28, 2019.
- Second Semester Registration: January 28-Februrary 1, 2019
- Lectures Commence: January 28, 2019
- 300L Students Supervised Clinical Posting (NT): February 4- April 5, 2019
- Second Semester In Course Assessment: April 15-19, 2019
- Second Semester Examination: April 29- May 10, 2019
- Short Break: May 13-18, 2019
- Clinical Posting: May 20- August 09, 2019
- Session Break: August 12- September 6, 2019.